The Latinx Racial Equity Project (LREP) exists to train and empower Latinos to lead from a framework of decolonization and racial equity. By understanding and utilizing the diversity of the Latino community, we challenge racism inside and outside of our communities to transform ourselves and the rest of the country. Through workshops, virtual resources, and organizational support, LREP aims to end anti-Blackness, Native Erasure, and other forms of oppression, build healthy and sustainable organizations, and support a strong social justice movement.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Ready and willing to bring their whole self into this work with a high level of self-awareness; owns appropriate responsibility and privilege.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills across race, gender, class, and multiple identities and experience working in diverse teams;
- A willingness to practice and engage with different styles of leadership, followership, and creative collaboration (e.g. co-leadership, managing up);
- Committed to creating and participating in a values-driven workspace with candor, vulnerability, humility, and a sense of humor.
- Creative problem solver who anticipates challenges, uses good judgement, and is able to hold the big picture;
- Effective communicator who can interpret, explain, and troubleshoot financial concepts and reports and complex systems;
- Demonstrated experience with organizational budgeting and financial management;
- Comfort with databases, spreadsheets, online survey tools, list management, and organizing large amounts of information and data;
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead the development of effective and dynamic small teams;
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and committed to accuracy, with an affinity for systems and systemic approaches
About the Role
LREP is growing to have a national impact and this position will lead the growth of our efforts. This is an opportunity for a highly skilled leader to help:
- Foster an inclusive and dynamic organizational culture
- Build out, strengthen, and manage organizational infrastructure with an equity lens
- Ensure we have the systems, policies, and processes to do our work effectively in a values-driven way.
- We are looking for a collaborative leader who will bring a high level of excellence and intention to their work in a complex program with many moving parts.
Finance and Operations
- Design and manage organizational systems that create a values-aligned organizational culture, including creation of policies and processes.
- Manage day to day fiscal functions, including budgeting, forecasting, payment requests, reporting, monthly reconciliation, expense report review, quarterly invoicing, and final close-out in partnership with the finance and operations team at MSC.
- Manage contracting for consultants, vendors, and event sites, including building relationships, practicing effective communication, and ensuring compliance and tracking and final close-out through a racial and gender justice lens.
- Understand and effectively implement the protocols, guidelines, and requirements of our fiscal sponsor.
Team Support & Development
- Lead recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new employees in partnership with the HR team at Movement Strategy Center.
- Support effective team operations, development, and communications through the introduction and maintenance of effective management tools to stay connected as a virtual team. (e.g. Slack, Asana, and/or Basecamp).
- Work with the Co-Directors to design and implement regular performance improvement tools: reviews, professional development support, and other strengths-based learning and feedback practices.
- Support team in fostering an equitable and inclusive culture of shared leadership across positions of power and social identities.
Fund Development and Sustainability
- Lead the visioning and implementation process to grow LREP in strategic and sustainable ways to assure that LREP is achieving its purpose and scaling up its work to meet the demands and needs of Latinx communities
- In collaboration with Program Director and Fundraising Consultant create and implement a multiyear fundraising plan with clear and achievable growth goals per year including prospecting, nurturing and developing new funders.
- Develop a strategy for all income generating activities including setting growth goals, consulting fee structures and program fees
- Provide operations support to program staff for events, such as setting up registration processes, managing participant data, liaising with our travel agent and key vendors, and managing relationships with event venues.
- Serve as a team member for programmatic events, sometimes on-site with the host team and at times in the role of home team.
- Partner with program manager in coordination of organizational development supports, including coordinating with coaches, tracking hours used, and providing logistical support for Organizational Development-related events and meetings.
- Oversee the management of our various listservs and mailing lists and other audience data.
Supervises Program Director, Curriculum Director, Fundraising Staff, New Business Manager and Administrative Staff.
About the Team
We are a two person staff team with another two part-time consultants. Movement Strategy Center is a fiscal sponsor organization working with projects and small organizations who are leaders in creating new solutions to social and climate justice problems. We work with Latinx consultants in the field of leadership development, race equity, and liberation training. We are a virtual team and the position may be based anywhere in the United States. Current team members are:
Ana Perez, Founder and Director of Curriculum
Claudia Leon, Program Manager
Jessica Esteves, New Business Manager
Jeff Perlstein, Fundraising Consultant
Position Type and Compensation
- Part- time, 50-60% FTE, exempt. Annual Gross Pay $110,000-125,000.
- MSC’s 100% FTE benefits package includes:
- 20 days vacation leave per year;
- 12 standard holidays and 2 personal days per year;
- 12 sick days per year;
- 1 week paid MSC family and medical leave after one year of service; an additional week of paid leave for each additional year of service, up to 4 weeks;
- Medical, vision, dental for employees and dependents (requires 30 day waiting period and a per paycheck employee contribution);
- 100% employer sponsored basic life, short-term and long-term disability insurance coverage;
- Access to a 403b retirement plan.
- Access to FSA and Commuter Benefits.
Open until filled. First round of interviews: June 21, 2021
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Movement Strategy Center is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. People of color and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.